Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:42:11 -0700

The LUG and the Leg are the tip of the ice berg of the Leica users in the
world.   Try to recall how often one of us indicates the purchase of a new
LHSA Leica, M7, new 75mm Summilux, 50mm Noctilux or other item.

Project this onto the total Leica owning population and you have a sizable
group that will become disgusted with the corporate decision.

How many camera store salesmen will tell their potential customer that they
can't get a local repair service and should look at an alternative to Leica
when making a purchase?  How long will it take for the story to get around?

A Leica has been a lifetime purchase for many.  Will it continue to be so
when it is so much more expensive than very good cameras from Japanese
companies.  If we have obsolescence, shouldn't we find ourselves to buy new
that is cheap?

Roland Smith
Oakland, California