Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:58:09 -0400

The sad reality, Ted, is that just about the only people who even know
what Leica is anymore are we "weird people on the internet."

No, I'm sure Herr Cohn doesn't give a rats behind what we think - and
that's why Leica finally reached the point where it had to turn to a
handbag company to stay alive.

One of the real attractions of Leica over all these years has been the
thought that you can always get parts, always get them repaired and keep
them going - and you can do it by sending your camera to one of the
independent craftspersons like Sherry or DAG, etc. etc.

This latest move on Leica's part really shows how astoundingly stupid
the management is - how out of touch with the world of the users of the
products.

B. D.