Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium or Titanized?
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:34:22 -0700

Allen Graves wrote:

> I agree with you totally- by marketing ploy, I just meant the
> language in the brochures that lead people to believe that the top
> plates were truly titanium-harder, lighter, more rigid and more
> durable- not just a normal top plate with an exceptionally durable
> and attractive finish.
>
> Allen

Admittedly I am not a collector of Leica brochures but the one I just now
looked at says "Titanium finish".

The term is applied to the M6 and the lenses with that finish. I saw no
claims of "...lighter, more rigid..." In fact the chart showing weight of
the lenses shows that the "Titanium finish" and the "Silver chrome finish"
are of equal weight and heavier than the "Black chrome finish"

Hopefully nobody thinks the "Silver chrome finish" cameras and lenses are
made of silver and chrome. ;-)

But, my brochure was a sample of only one, and then Leica has made
typographical errors in their brochures before.

I don't have a Titanium finish anything but others on the list have
indicated that the finish is indeed durable.

Dennis

Message from Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium or Titanized?)