Subject: Re: [Leica] Further digital exploration
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:43:07 -0700

><Snip>
>
> Mark, did you see that Nikon announced a DX 10.5/2.8 full frame
> fisheye and AFS 17-55/2.8? The latter might be a good companion to
> the 28/1.4.
>
> --
>     *            Henning J. Wulff
><Snip>

Thanks Henning i thought the "X" meant digital which meant not full
frame -
But 23.7x15.6mm to be exact for Nikon. Should be a film format to match.

But I'll check this out now. When did they announce it?

Now that they've extended the ultrawide zoom to 55 i might have to reconsider.
That pretty much makes it a lens that makes all your other lenses lenses
you can leave home without.

Just as long as the filter size is the standard 77 I've invested in I'm
all right with it!  :)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com