Subject: Re: [Leica] Voightlander lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:20:01 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> > pressure plate is already wearing a bit thin where my leather case
> > was rubbing on it.<<<
>
> Hi Karen,
> Well now you know what the problem is? The case you keep the M7 in! ;-)
>
> The best thing to do is sell the case, usually never ready for anything but
> assisting in missing a picture and buy more film! ;-)
>
> And you've also pointed out a major flaw in the body look of the M7, my
> goodness how we continually get duped into believing we've, those of us who
> jumped in and bought the M7, into believing we have purchased the finest
> Kodak Moment recording instrument in the world. ;-) ;-)
>
> Now for heaven sake lets not have people get their knickers wet over this
> very large stupid attempt at humour. Hang loose! :-)
>
> However, Karen the part about the case?  That's serious. :-) sell it, buy
> film. Honest.
>
> ted

Ted I thought the problem with a case other than turning any camera into
a hopeless clunker is that it keeps the camera in all too pristine
condition and therefore appears dilettantish? My Dad used a Contarex
Bulleye for ten years all over the world always with a case. (taking it
off to take a picture) At the end there was not a ding or blemish on the
camera it was like right off the shelf. I did more damage to the finish
of the camera in 4 months than he did in ten years. But i could not get
any accuracy out of the metering as he did.
Maybe the meter needed the case.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com