Subject: Re: [Leica] Voightlander lenses
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:18:48 -0700

Steve Unsworth......Voightlander lenses
> It wears off, if I had treated the lenses with kid gloves, kept them in
> pouches that kind of thing, there may not have been a problem, but I tend
> put the caps back on and then put them in back in the camera bag.
>
> The ridges on the scalloped focussing rings seem to be the most
susceptible
> to wear.<<<,

Gee I don't seem to have this paint problem, maybe because I stick them in
my jacket or pants pocket or wearing a photo vest I plunck them into one of
the smaller pockets. Then they're handy for quick change if need be.

Maybe I should go look at what you lads are talking about.  But paint
peeling is a, "never mind what me worry?" issue, as my main concern is ..."
How clean is the lens surface?"  ;-)  Even then some of you would be
surprised at what these lenses will shoot through with crap built up on the
surface and still give you crispy pictures. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Voightlander lenses)