Subject: [Leica] Adapter Question
From: BenMarks@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:59:39 -0400

Joseph (or anyone on the LUG):

I spent the weekend using my too-often-in-the-bag XPan and I have to say, I like the results.  The real shortcoming of the system is the speed of the lenses (a result, I beleive, of the compromises necessary to make the lenses cover in the panoramic format).

I wonder if there is anyone out there who makes an adapter to fit fast Leica glass on the Xpan.  To be clear:  I DON'T need to cover the 6cm panoramic format with my fast Leica glass, but it would be nice to use the other features of the camera (like the light meter and auto mode, which I have found very reliable).  Also the rangefinder in the XPan is very snappy.

Any thoughts?

Ben Marks