Subject: Re: [Leica] KISS (was: Leica of watches)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:40:19 -0700

Jean-Michel Tomaschett wrote:

> IWC. Since 1868. And for as long as there are men.
>
> IWC. Official supplier to men.
>
> Almost as complicated as a woman. Except it's on time.
>
> Women smoke our Cohibas. Ride our Harleys. Drink our Glenlivet. Perhaps
> women could keep their hands to themselves.
>
> >From the IWC-campaign
>
> Jean-Michel

I think we should think of an ad campaign for Leica. The MP. Even the
M7. The R's
Now the idea seems to be you see these hands, usually quite hairy and
peeking through them just a bit is a camera. The copy tells us it is a
Leica and that the hands are famous. Me I gotta see the merch! Show me
the Merch! And give us a street price. And while you're at it the street
price of Hashish from sunny Morocco.

Your thing sounds like it was written in 1958! We've come a long way
baby! But I'm glad every sentence does not end with an up so it sounds
like a question.  My name is Mark? My foot is on fire? would you like to
go to the movies?
 And we talked with meek non John Wayne voices as possible. And you
again can now use the word "girl." I missed it. But no flack jacket then.
I think the womens moment is the most important humanist moment in
centuries including the civil rights moment. Part of that is the math.
As Mel Brooks says from the "2,000 year old man" comedy record made in
the late 50's:
"Hey! I think there's women here!"

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA