Subject: RE: [Leica] Bulk loading
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:27:21 -0700

I agree with most everything that has been said about bulk loading.  I have
been bulk loading since the 70's and have never had any problems other than
an occasional scratch, but no more common than scratches I get on loaded
film.  I would have to add to Chris in that you can save even more money if
you combine bulk AND out of date.  Freestyle had some Velvia for $25/100
foot and it was cold stored and out of date.  I got a roll and it was just
fine, so I bought two more and the price had dropped to $20.  That works out
to about $1.50/roll including the film canisters.  Sure beats my local price
of $11.00 or B&H price.  I rolled them all and stuck them in the freezer.  I
am on my second 100 foot roll and all is just fine.  Many E-6 films are
available in 100 foot rolls.

Aram

> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:35:48 -0400
> From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] Bulk loading (long!)
> Phong,
>
> Bulk loading is the only way to save $$ on film besides out dated film.
I've been using a Lloyds loader which I like, never a scratch so far.  I've
been using the same 4 plastic cans for about a year now, they need
replacement.  I haven't ruined a roll yet, but soon.  The end of the roll
being exposed could be a problem.  I like the cost savings.