Subject: Re: [Leica] Lagavulin and focussing Noctilux and 75 Summilux in lowlight
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:10:06 -0700

Other than "practice" as Ted says (if its only one word are you quoteing
somebody??) (Arent you quoteeing teh person who made up the word?) I'd
like to say "burn a lot of film." Get a Rapidwinder or Leica winder.
Shoot a whole lot of film to get the shot, not just 2 or 3 frames. Shoot
a half or whole roll! As somewhere said "film is cheap." Especially if
it is a one Gig CompactFlash!

But seriously folks don't have a couple of rolls in  your pocket and
three in your fridge. Pick up a couple, three four bricks of ten twenty
rolls each.
That will get you shooting differently.
36 on a roll is a great thing but if its your last roll your shooting
style is much different.

With "inventory" you can really "crank" with wild abandon and get the
shot. Pure luck sure both others say "statistics" and putting the luck
on your side.

Mark (the crank) Rabiner

I just noticed "Statistics" comes from the Italian "statista", which
means statecraft.
Statecraft means the art of running a country.

So lets bring this here to be "the art of running your camera."

I think "camera" is Itialian too!!. "Room"

Also my American heritage not so PC dictionary says "camerawomen"
"A woman who operates a movie or television camera."

The did not have  "cameradog"

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Lagavulin and focussing Noctilux and 75 Summilux in low light)