Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:48:06 -0700

on 07/15/03 8:07 PM, Peter Klein at pklein@2alpha.net wrote:

> Hmm, I thought, the Olympus C-5050 prices are dropping.  There might be an
> improved Lumix Lika Leica out soon.  B.D. gets great results with his
> E-20.  I've seen superb pictures from that funny-shaped Sony F-717.

People who think these cameras (especially that soup can Sony) define how
digital works just don't know.

The D60 and D100 and higher are no more difficult to master than an F5. And
they react just as fast as any SLR. The Leica M still has the edge on the
"dance" in many cases, but not all. It's a changing world. I see a bright
future for the R8 and R9 for many people until an digital M arrives. And I
also see a bright future for quality films. The mediocre stuff is doomed.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us.
 - Calvin and Hobbes