Subject: [Leica] Opinions requested: Latest and greatest in scanners and related software
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:18:28 -0400

To keep this on topic: A Leica R8 was used to capture images, many on
Kodachrome and Fuji Velvia as well as some print, both color and black and
white (I'm  still in the experimental stage).

I am planning to buy a scanner.  What is, in your opinion, the latest and
greatest in scanners (<$3500) and related software? I was thinking the Nikon
Coolscan 4000 as a possibility.  I saw in the latest Leica Fotografie
International that Mikrotek has come out with a a $3000 euro scanner.  How
does it compare with the Nikon.

BTW, the Nikon Coolscann 4000 is now priced at $1099.95 net, including a
$200 rebate.  With this price promotion, does it mean that Nikon is about to
come out with a new generation of scanners?

A follow on question is, where might I find good info on related workflows?

My thinking at this point is Nikon Coolscan 4000, Vuescan software, Adope
Photoshop, and Epson 2200.

Suggestions anyone?

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Opinions requested: Latest and greatest in scanners and related software)