Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions requested: Latest and greatest in scanners and related software
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:39:25 -0500

I use Microtek 6400xl and 9600xl tabloid sized scanners at work, and they
have been fault free over many thousands of scans. They have transparency
adapters that are OK for 2 1/4 and 3x5. Not much use for 35.

I use a Coolscan III for that, and it too has been quite good.  No problems
at all with the machine.  Had a little firedrill when setting it for XP pro
last week, but I finally got the correct apsi layer for the scsi card, and
all is well.  I have looked at the Nikonscan software for the 4000, and it
looks quite robust.    You might also take a look at the Minolta scanners
for 35 and MF, I think their bundled software is quite nice, and easier to
use than Vuescan

For scanning information, check Wayne Fulton's excellent page:
http://www.scantips.com/  If you lose the link, it is on my link pages.

Regards,

SonC
http://www.sonc.com