Subject: RE: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:32:47 -0400

Mark,
I resent that Saab remark. ;) But the funny clothes sounds familiar, I
am rather fond of "Hawian" shirts.

Seriously, once you get to the level of the three brands mentioned, the
optical offerings are all quite stunningly good.  As usual, the
marketing hype drives the fans.

I do feel your pain with the 60.  I've been doing Macro with Canon's
innovative 100-300L and their 500D two element close up lens for a long
time.  Great images, lousy sounds coming out of the lens.

But rather than argue, let's just go out and push the shutter button of
the camera/lens of our choice.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com

But using a Canon F1 in the 80's was like driving a Saab. You kind of
had to wear a different color scheme then the Add people and Oh maybe
use a cigarette holder or other uncelebrated accoutrements. Various
erratic hats and slogans which were impossible to "get"..
You have an image of one that does not follow the crowd. But lives under
the sidewalk.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com