Subject: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: frank.dernie@btinternet.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:43:21 +0100 (BST)

I have lived all over the British Isles for 49 of my 53 years. The first time I have seen "hard cooked" written in those 49 years was this week in Marc's original post. I have never heard it said. I can't imagine where the idea that is English comes from. Mind you I saw the idea of presenting the date as month/day/year quoted as "English" a few weeks ago, I've only ever seen it in USA and Canada.
cheers
Frank

Marc James Small wrote

At 01:11 AM 7/10/03  0100, Steve Unsworth wrote:
>Well once again sorry to disappoint, but in my part of the UK at least 'hard
>boiled' is 'hard boiled'. I have _never_ heard the phrase 'hard cooked'.

How many citations to British, Irish, and Scottish cookery books do you wish?

Marc