Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:00:00 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

> Steve Unsworth wrote:
>> Well once again sorry to disappoint, but in my part of the UK at
>> least 'hard
>> boiled' is 'hard boiled'. I have _never_ heard the phrase 'hard
>> cooked'.
>
> How many citations to British, Irish, and Scottish cookery books do
> you wish?

Right.  I'm sure that umpteen cookery book citations from an American
in the US will convince Steve, who is LIVING in the UK -- or the rest
of us for that matter -- what the correct British English phrase is.

Jeez.

M.

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions)