Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:16:58 -0700

Tim Atherton writes in response to Gerry:|
|| err... strange? Certainly not. France is 22 miles away,
the US... a whole
| ocean. You can SEE France on a clear day. I'd wager more
Brits holiday and
| travel back and forth to France than the US. There is a
centuries old back
| and forth (including inter-marriage) between the Channel
ports and fishing
| villages on both sides. And ever heard of the Normans and
1066? There's an
| awful lot of French in the English language. But heaven
forbid that other
| parts of the world would fail to follow and comprehend US
custom... :-)

I would certainly think that expecting the Irish to know
rare from medium rare from well done would be a modest
proposal.  Indeed, Americans have been acknowledge as
epicureans since the early 17th Century.  We should probably
continue this conversation, given your attitudes on the
LUGforum.

Will

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions)