Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital has WON? Not by a longshot .. .. yet
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 06:29:51 +1000

Well, I have been working back into the darkroom in the last 2 years,
increasing my exposure to it and trying to improve both the utility and
the fun, and I can say that it has been a wonderful relief to get away
from the "screen". I don't use trays, but rather have a Jobo
auto-processor. This is under an extraction system, and therefore my
hands really only ever face water. There is something exciting about
the red light and the "pop" of a photographic print which makes a
whining ink jet seem a distant second: having said that, I suspect I
would have more prints and often better ones if I had continued with
the digital darkroom, but then I'd run out of wall space far too
quickly, and Helen cannot keep up with the framing anyway ;-)

Cheers