Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:22:50 -0700

I would have to strongly agree with that comment. The steep learning
curve of rangefinder shooting practise has more of an impact than the digital
revolution. I think that the achilles heel of the rangefinder is the
voluminous amount of time that one has to spend for even a modicum of
competency.
This current, and layered, generation of consumers just lacks the
ability for a long term investment in an activity. This isn't wholly
their fault, as the excretion of modern products/things, is purposely
dumbed down to avoid any_stress_in the learning area.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Marc James Small wrote:
> Well, those may be advantages to you, Nathan, but they are not necessarily
> so for me.  Again, my very first RF camera was a IIIc and from it I learned
> the basics of RF work.

   "There are no shortcuts to the education you receive

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?)