Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:24:22 +0200

I agree with Steve. The screw-mount Leicas may have been good user tools
in their day but that was 60-70 years ago. Today there are a mere
curiosity--fun to try but not really useful. And before I get flamed by
LTM afficionados, let me add that I did own a IIIf for a year or so and
decided to get rid of it for that very reason.

If I am asked today by someone who is curious about rangefinder
photography about the least expensive way to try it, I recommend the
Voigtlander Bessa R2 and the 35 or 50mm lens of the person's choice.
Depending on the budget, that lens may be one of the excellent
Voigtlander offerings or the real thing from Leica.

I just converted one of my fellow Viewfinder (Brussels photo club)
members to the joys of Leica. She got an M6 and a couple of lenses.
However, I did warn her of the financial consequences longer term, so I
do not feel too guilty ;-)

Nathan