Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:53:03 +0200

Hi Chandos,

I do not deny that it is possible to produce excellent images with a
screw-mount Leica and corresponding lenses. I simply question whether
this is the right choice for someone just starting out with RF
photography, given the rather cumbersome nature of the beast--the need
to look through separate windows to focus and compose, the clunky film
is not at all clear that buying an LTM Leica which will likely require a
CLA is a cheaper choice than buying a modern Voigtlander Bessa R2.

I do agree that a camera like the IIIf is fun to use and from personal
observation I must also concede that it has great sex appeal--our female
friends, especially the good-looking ones, simply could not get over my
IIIf--but as a picture-taking tool I still maintain that it is vastly
inferior to a modern CV camera.

Kind regards,
Nathan