Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:09:57 -0400

There is absolutely no doubt that many fabulous, indeed iconic sports
images were not only shot with manual focus cameras, they were shot with
Rolleis and Speed Graphics. Nor does it have anything to do with whether
it's possible today to take such photos (it, of course, is.) But that
doesn't have anything to do with whether more than a minute handful of
photojournalists are using Leica Rs. ;-)

The real bottom like here is that it doesn't matter whether Leica
produces a full-frame, 20 mgp digital camera from scratch, or an SL with
an Etch-A-Sketch Superglued to the back - a certain number of people who
believe that if it is Leica, it is "best," will buy it. ;-)

B. D.