Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:58:29 -0700

On 2003-06-26 bdcolen@earthlink.net (bdcolen) thoughtfully wrote:

>With the very rare exceptions, Ted being one, sports and news
>photographers do NOT shoot with Leica Rs. Period. So that isn't an
>issue.

But...may fabulous sports images have been shot without autofocus. It does take
thought and understanding of the sport or event.

I offer "Classic Baseball" by Walter Iooss Jr. as a case in point. Many of these
images were NOT shot with autofocus, since it hadn't been invented yet, but they
are effective because Iooss understands the game and brings that understanding
to his photograhy as well as a sympathy to the people who play the game.

It's worth a look.

Adam