Subject: RE: [Leica] MP rewind knob efficiency question
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:25:18 -0400

Greg,
Yes, the rewind on the MP has enough friction to hold the film where it
is until you get back to rewinding.  Most days I do prefer the knob on
the M3/2/P to the M6.  A little slower but not as irritating if
distractions are present.

Hi,

..., I would like to know if
someone has already tested its ability to not 'come back' in the middle
of
the process, as my M6 does each time my fingers slip from the rewind?
the
concern 'is this rapid enough' is not a problem for me, just this
ennoying
feature to have the rewind undone suddenly in the middle, so, is the
friction sufficient to maintain the rewind in the current point, even if
one
stop to handle it.

thank you

Greg