Subject: [Leica] Where I see it - Film still King!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:04:10 -0400

Hi BD, Folks-
    ALL the pros I know - about 10 Boston Globe shooters, 5 or so studio
folks, a dozen Nature and Wildlife folks, Documentary etc. etc still shoot
film (honest to God!) as their principle medium even in 35 mm. About 2/3
scan it themselves when they need to. However, the news guys, studio
(instead of Polaroid mainly ;-) ) will own both - Nikon mainly as they feel
they are a tad more rugged. In fact, ruggedness is a big complaint among
those folks. But when push comes to shove, film is still favored (by my
experience at any rate) and will be for a long while.