Subject: Re: [Leica] Two in the nest - one great find!
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:17:11 -0700

thanks Ed... I didn't know this was so rare, just rare for me. I was
rounding at the hospital, between emergencies, and saw this out of a
window...luckily had access to a camera and lens....no I don't carry my
entire outfit with me on rounds, and that day I was lucky enough to have
one camera and one lens... so click....
and if the truth be known I wanted the scene... the whole thing, in black
and white... to give a sense of it...

Yes, if I had my R9 and 180mm I would have used it gladly,  but by golly,
that can be done better by others like Doug Herr... and has been done, I am
sure....

I went back a few times to see the mother...never did see her...but a
couple days later the babes were gone...

the nest is emty and falling apart, but there is next year...
thanks for looking and for your kind comments...Steve

> STEVE!
>     I don't know if Doug would agree with me, but consider yourself VERY
> lucky to see this nest. I have seen ONE, only after the young had fledged
> and gone.
>     If you would give up the noct for just a bit of time :-) and grab an
SLR
> with a tele - macro, ( an R with the 100 maybe) and put some Ektachrome G
> behind it, you can document most beautifully something pretty hard to
see!
> The birds are very colorful, especially when the light strikes their
throats
> (or gorget) at an angle - Do you live in the Eastern part of North
America?