Subject: [Leica] Two in the nest - one great find!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:02:09 -0400

STEVE!
    I don't know if Doug would agree with me, but consider yourself VERY
lucky to see this nest. I have seen ONE, only after the young had fledged
and gone.
    If you would give up the noct for just a bit of time :-) and grab an SLR
with a tele - macro, ( an R with the 100 maybe) and put some Ektachrome G
behind it, you can document most beautifully something pretty hard to see!
The birds are very colorful, especially when the light strikes their throats
(or gorget) at an angle - Do you live in the Eastern part of North America?
Just curious, since it would then be a Ruby throat (all we have here!),
outside that they could be one of a number. If you could get the parent
feeding the young - it looks like a sword swallower at the circus!
Doug Herr can give you more hints than I - just don't cut branches or remove
foliage to get a better shot - But I already know you know that!
Nice job!!
Ed

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Two in the nest - one great find!)