Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:40:53 -0400

Oliver Bryk wrote:
> Thanks to all who contributed answers and suggestions; they are all helpful.
> I'll experiment later this year.
> Oliver Bryk
> BTW the owner of the nearest semi-professional minilab claims that film
> scratches (rare in my experience) can only occur in the cutting and sleeving
> steps. My translation: a) human error, b) flawed system design.

Oliver,

It depends on how "professional" your semi-professional minilab is. What
the owner said would apply to "dip-and-dunk" style processors. But any
of the machines that use roller transport can scratch film under certain
circumstances.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014