Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:43:53 -0500

Since I do work in a lab, I can tell you that if a lab does not clean the
chemicals or processing racks on a regular(once a week) basis, scratches
will occur in the machine. All it takes is a little bit a dirt. Scratches
can occur during sleeving, but more likely to be in developing. XP2 and
Kodak C-41 B&W films are thinner than regular color C-41 films. Easier to
scratch. Avoid using brushes to clean these films, I've seen the cleaning
brushes leave marks.

Also I'm always amazed on how dirty pros let the inside of their cameras
get. Then they want to blame the lab. Clean those pressure plates!!!!

Chris
New Orleans