Subject: RE: [Leica] Weary Wire - BD's comment
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:42:28 -0400

Bill,
I can never understand why BD insists on commenting on photos he doesn't like in a manner that seems to say "why did you waste your film on that shot", (see below).  There are at least 5 billion people on this earth that never agree with BD, and I'm one of them.  Your Weary Wire photo is technically & esthetically excellent. It shows a very common slice of the western Americana that I am familiar with, and captures the simplicity and roughness beautifully. Thanks for posting the shot.
Regards, Paul Connet

BD wrote:

<<Hey, Bill...This one strikes me as one of those photos that's a far
better idea than it is a photo; we look at something, get excited by it,
but when it's reduced to film and then print, it just doesn't quite
work. Now the previous week, on the other hand - "Madison," THAT is a
real stunner, a fabulous image.

B. D.>>