Subject: Re: [Leica] Carrying multiple bodies...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:51:16 -0700

Richard F. Man asked:
Subject: [Leica] Carrying multiple bodies...

> Ted, what I want to know is, how do you carry 6 or 7 bodies together. All
> hung on your neck or do you have multiple arms?<<<

Hi Richard,
Nope it's a piece of cake.

Three M's around my neck hung so they stack one over the other with neck
straps adjusted so they just miss each other with the heavyest lens on the
bottom M, then shorter, shortest.

Two R8's with motors hung on the left shoulder, the neck straps in this case
are also set so one camera is above the other. And one on the right
shoulder.  The R8's always hang lens facing into my body or around the back
depending which lenses are on the cameras.

After hanging multiple cameras in this fashion for over 40 years they just
hang there like they've akways been there. And they're always ready to go
without any fiddling for a lens. And yes by the end of a long day you do
have a sore neck. ;-)

And yes sometimes they clang together when you have to run. :-) And no I've
never smashed or broken any while carrying them in this fashion, dinged a
couple but what the heck that goes with the territory. ;-)

And do you know the worse case scenario even with this many cameras?

Running out of film in all of them at the same time!!!! :-) Because things
are going so fast you forget to re-load whenever there's a break and all of
a sudden .... OOPS! No film!

So it's very important to always re-load as quickly as a break happens.

And do you know the 2nd worse case scenario with this many cameras?

Being in a hurry and not checking you have the right camera to re-load and
pop open the back of a camera with half a roll shot! Now that's a really big
OOPS!!!

ted