Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 90 advise
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:57:41 +0200

Jim,

I fully agree with you. My  in depth personal experience is with
Tele-Elmarit and 90mm AA Summicron, both of which I have owned and
used extensively. The Summicron is no doubt an exceptionally good
lens, but it is also large, heavy, expensive and with a very limited
depth of field at 2.0  And, not the least, I also found people being
more at ease being photographed when I had the small Tele-Elmarit on
my M than they were when I used the big gun, the AA.

To me the disadvantages of the 90mm AA outweigh the advantages. Go
for Tele-Elmarit. Will get equally good pictures, if not better, in
99% of the cases.

Chris