Subject: [Leica] Summicron 90 advise
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:14:30 +0200

Deal List -

For a little while I have been looking for a Summicron-M 90 lens. I am
fairly new to the Leica community and have an M6 with a Cron 35 ASPH.

Now I have been offered a second hand 90 mm. Seller quotes it as about
10 years old, serial 2813884. Mechanical and optical 10, cosmetics 8,5.

I do not know too much, but I assume that this is not the latest (and
greatest?) type.

Would be very pleased to receive any advice on the quality of this lens
with respect to the newest models. Is it advisable to save a little more
and buy the APO/ASPH 90mm? Also, that would be a reasonable offer for
this lens? Asking price is EUR 750 (about USD 775 I think).

Any thoughts much appreciated!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Summicron 90 advise)