Subject: Re: [Leica] I renewed the name leica-camera.com
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 11:35:44 -0400

Brian....does this mean that you can placed your own site at
leica-camera.com?   Does Leica not have any legal claim to the name?

I know that my own domain registrar (directnic) gives me a 90 (or 60, I'm
not sure) day grace period after the expiration of a domain,  during which
the name is no longer active, but is still under my control as far as
renewing goes.   They also email me many annoying reminders.

Dan C.

At 08:02 AM 04-05-03 -0700, you wrote:
>Hah. I have an account with the domain registrar used by Leica Camera AG,
so I paid for the renewal of their domain, and this should start working
tomorrow at about 17h00 GMT.

>This makes me laugh. It is so very unprofessional of a large company to
forget to pay for the renewal of its domain name. It's almost enough to
suggest that they don't care about the digital and electronic world....

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] I renewed the name leica-camera.com)