Subject: Re: [Leica] I renewed the name leica-camera.com
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 13:35:24 -0400

Brian, you seem like both a great person to have as a friend, or a living
nightmare to have as an enemy!

;-)

dan c.

At 08:48 AM 04-05-03 -0700, you wrote:

>> So Brian,
>> Does this mean that we could get an e-mail address that something like
>> Rabinor@Leica-Camera.com?  ;)
>> Or perhaps your idea of having space attached to the users group for
posting
>> pictures at the Leica-Camera website? ;)
>

>This doesn't mean I own it now. They still own it.
>The billing software used by their domain registrar is not sophisticated
enough to prevent one of their customers from paying an invoice sent to
another customer. So I just paid their invoice. If I hadn't announced it on
the LUG, I suspect no one would ever have noticed.

>When I kicked Anthony Atkielski off the LUG, he retaliated by grabbing the
names "leica-users.com" and "leica-users.org", presumably with the
intention of starting a competing email community. Which he never did.
However, when he was sloppy about paying *his* invoice (a common mistake),
I grabbed those domains, and I own them now. Sometime soon I will invest
the time into switching the LUG over to its own domain.