Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Screw Mount Serial Number Question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 22:54:58 -0600

Lager says that the Canadian assembled IIIg cameras were not specially
noted in Leitz serial number records. The Wetzlar produced and
assembled cameras have the chassis serial number perpendicular to the
film plane while the Midland assembled cameras have the chassis number
running parallel to the film plane. The Midland cameras can be marked
either Midland or Wetzlar.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Leica Screw Mount Serial Number Question)