Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom now digital pluses
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 11:25:40 -0600

Having driven stock big block performance cars (absolutely everyone of
them hopelessly dangerous in the corners) I find this very difficult to
believe BUT I have not driven a SuperBird and I am not going to argue
with one who has. Homologation specials were small production large
scale jokes. If they could get away with it, the "goods" would be part
of the accessory list. Usually an accessory list that Joe or Jane
public never got to see.* When forced to supply absolutely insane (for
street use) "goods" with the car, often the manufacturers put the items
in the trunk for the customer to install if they choose to. I could see
they lawyers saying, "Hey we thought it was ballast!"

John Collier

*Have you ever seen a 57 Chevrolet sedan that came stock with fuel
injection? I never have. I have never even heard of one but every
"stock" drag car had it installed.