Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom now digital pluses
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:29:41 -0400

Dante,
I will mention the pluses of a digital workflow for me.
1) complete repeatability once a print is satisfactory
2)local contrast/density/sharpness easily controlled down to the pixel level
3)easy global contrast control  at whatever point in the curve you want to
change contrast without unsharp masks, pencils, split developers etc.
4)spotting time drastically reduced
5)working in the light interacting with the family
6)no chemical fumes/strange chemical failures
7)potentially longer life of prints
8)by making a digital negative I can still make a silver print if called for
9)if color materials used initially can imitate filters after exposure

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom now digital pluses)
Reply from "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom now digital pluses)