Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - National Geographic film usage
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:10:26 -0500

Gerry:

>Based on using about 10 frames per
>story for publication, this is a success rate of roughly 0.05%. I think even
>I could make that, as could most of us on this board.

I wonder how many sheets of paper Shakespeare threw away.  I wonder how much
paint Picasso wasted.  How many typewriter ribbons Edgar Allen Poe used.
How many violin strings Yo-yo Ma has worn out.  How many pairs of boxers Ted
Grant has used to clean lenses.  :)

That said, I'm *still* in awe of Jim Brandenburg's 100% success rate for one
of his books.  Can't remember the title offhand...chasing the light or
something similar.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] Re: OT - National Geographic film usage)