Subject: Re: [Leica] Reciprocal shutter speed rule
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:46:34 -0700

I was always told over the past 20 years to be more conservative with
medium format and that has pretty much born itself out.
I've shot with my Rolleiflex and it's 80mm Zeiss planar lens comfortably
at 125th.
And uncomfortably at a 60th.
Because i knew the shot was not going to be that sharp.
Which is a lousy thing to do to a Zeiss 80mm lens doing medium format in
a Rolleiflex F TLR.
I'd get a shot if I did a series or 3 or 4 and pick out the sharpest.
The Hasselblad with it's mirror bounce if I'd not prepoped is of course
a bit worse.
But not by a full stop I dont think.
Think a small high tech dampened mirror on a 35mm camera is one thing
while those larger mirrors on medium format lower tech cameras are another.

Lots have thought that rangefinder over SLR gives you a stop or more.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Reciprocal shutter speed rule)