Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:42:36 -0800 (PST)

I haven't actually seen the pictures. However, during
my previous profession in my younger days, as a
newspaper page-layout editor, cropping of images are
practised most dramatically. Pictures, as in written
articles can be altered merely by enlargement and
cropping. Now cropping might not doctor the image, but
in visual form it sure changes the image drastically.
What it boils down to, in cropping, the image might be
transferred in presenting some visual effect that
would be entirely missing without any
enlargement/cropping. Tricks of the trade goes a lot
further, i.e. reversing the image, sandwiching
different negatives together etc....
It is widely practised in a lot of publications.