Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:00:07 -0800

Ernest Nitka asked: >>>> Ted - what was the problem with your SS 4000/<<<

Hi Ernie,
Well it stops in-between the, " to be scanned number selected and the next
frame," this is an almost constant problem. It scans the wrong negative
selected.... I want Number 2 it scans #3 or a blank space.

I shut the scanner down, the computer down and restart everything including
Photoshop and the same thing will occur three, four times in a row, then the
fifth time it'll work OK.

Now this problem isn't just with this new machine replacement, it happened
with two other replacement machines, a new first purchase, a replacement
while Polaroid tried to figure out what was happening, now the "new
re-placement for the new purchased" machine. Only right now this one is the
worst of the three.

For every neg. I require scanning, I have to start the computer, Photoshop
and the Polaroid soft ware and scanner to maybe get one neg. scanned. And
with about 150 to do at the moment, I'm sure you can appreciate my utter
frustration with this Mickey mouse piece of gear.

Surely there's a scanner that I can buy, use it for a few years and it'll go
without any screw-ups! Sure I realize there's always the human factor in any
man made machine, but really ?  Three scanners in a row having the same
problem?

Look, I'm wide open to maybe it's me!!!!!! Maybe I'm doing something wrong,
however when I do get it working OK I get excellent scans of very high
quality. It's just the damn inconsistency of operation that's killing me!
:-(

If anyone has any suggestions please send them along, as at the moment this
situation is driving me to drink and buying another manufacturers scanner!

ted

Replies: Reply from Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner)
Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner)
Reply from George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner)