Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:38:21 -0500

At 06:18 PM 3/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>. i've read poor reviews of
>the nikon also saying that it has problems focusing.-daniel

This seems to be another case of getting a good machine or not.  We've
debated this on other lists and some people have perfect Nikon scanners
that give accurate focusing across the plane of flat film.  I'm always
careful to mount my slides very flat and with the Nikon scanner, you can
prefocus on any part of the film and compare it to any other part.  My
focus points are always within .001 or .002 from corner to corner and
center.  Others have widely varying points.  I can't explain this.  My
Epson printers are also perfect and have never had a clog.  It may have
something to do with the high humidity in South Carolina or maybe I just
talk sweet to my machines!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com