Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:04:27 -0500

- --On Monday, March 31, 2003 9:38 PM -0500 Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
wrote:

> At 06:18 PM 3/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>> . i've read poor reviews of
>> the nikon also saying that it has problems focusing.-daniel
>

> This seems to be another case of getting a good machine or not.  We've
> debated this on other lists and some people have perfect Nikon scanners
> that give accurate focusing across the plane of flat film.  I'm always
> careful to mount my slides very flat and with the Nikon scanner, you can
> prefocus on any part of the film and compare it to any other part.  My
> focus points are always within .001 or .002 from corner to corner and
> center.  Others have widely varying points.  I can't explain this.  My
> Epson printers are also perfect and have never had a clog.  It may have
> something to do with the high humidity in South Carolina or maybe I just
> talk sweet to my machines!

Tina,

I actually think both things can be true, it depends on which feeder you
are using.

I shoot color negative and feed negative strips into whatever the
attachment is called that you feed negative strips into. It doesn't take a
brain surgeon to see that that carrier probably doesn't hold a negative as
flat as the one where you feed an individual mounted slide.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com