Subject: Re: [Leica] Peter Moss
From: nomansland@altern.org
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:58:42 +0100

Ruddy a écrit:

> So my advice..leave these OLD men to their leicas..and filters... and
> their COLD LIVES.....

Yes, I think that was exactly what he did. He told me that he had
unsubscibed after just a couple of days.

In fact I sent him to the LUG by telling him about the place some time
ago. This man i s a friend of mine, and I subscribed again solely to
defend him. He is off the LUG now, because he understood how infected
this place is/can be and what a spilling of time it is.

Peter is originally Danish, but he was living i Morocco for forty years.
He came to France when his Moroccan wife and three daughters were killed
in an air accident, and I met him occasionally in a Parisian café last
year. I was in Paris for the weekend and we were both carrying old
Leicas, and that was it.

He'd been working as a doctor in Morocco, and also for the International
Red Cross in several countries, and he told me lot of interesting
stories (Danes and Norwegians understand each others languages).
Later he showed some very interesting images - he had boxes and boxes...

He's about 65 or 66 now, but he's younger than me in a way, and in spite
of loosing his beloved family, he's not at all bitter, lost or unsane.
I thought I would just tell you this as a reminder. Don't condemn people
so quickly! Don't think you are apt to be judges - certainly not these
days - those of you hypocritically grabbing to you 'rights' or any other
pretext when it suits you... (the usual nonsense about 'politics' for
instance).

Peter Moss - a terrorist? Totally ridiculous! There is a French saying
going like this: if 'le ridicule' was deadly, you would (all) be dead
now...

Go on waving and shouting in the dust of your nombrils. Loose your
time as much as you want. But stop blaming people without knowing them!

To the others - the nice and sensible members of the LUG  (you will know
who) - I wish you all the best! I might stay for some days...

Oddmund

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Peter Moss)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Peter Moss)