Subject: Re : : [Leica] perplexing question using studio strobes
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:39:53 +0100

> After I finished the shoot and had the film processed I saw a gradual
"creep"
> toward the blue in the background. Some of this was my fault. As we played
with
> different poses I didn't enforce the discipline of checking the lighting
values
> each time. But even when I did, especially for the portraits at the end,
there
> was still this blue shift in the background.

Adam,

Undereposition could be the answer. I've noticed when I do deep sky
photography that the faint (underexposed) (catalogued as) white stars turn
to blue with Ekatchrome; only the red stars keep their color. So, probably,
an underexposed white background is going to turn to blue.
My 2 cents

Bernard

bernard.degaute@skynet.be