Subject: [Leica] PAW 12 dlridings (first test with D100)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:15:03 +0100 (MET)

Still "working" this week. Have to pay for that Leica D100.

Well, I only kind of lied. Week 10 I said "never again" when it came to
shooting a sports event with film, week 11 I did it anyway, but this week
is the first week with the D100.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2003/12.html

The new address reflects the fact that I had to upgrade for more disk
space (involving a domain as well). The old address should work in the
future too.

What a difference! I shot two rolls of 256mb set at the best jpg quality.
Came home, copied them to the harddisk, touched up in Photoshop and had
them up on the web before I even would have been back from the lab if I
had used film ... and then spent about 10 minutes on each shot, scanning,
dust removal, etc etc. The girls (and parents) like that: speed. These are
young kids. Anything that happened 1 day ago is HISTORY.

It was kind of stupid to use the camera almost straight out of the box,
but this is the "after season", the most important championships are over.
The girls pull a few daring tricks out of their bag too ... things they
wouldn't dare do in a championship, so I took my risks with a new camera.

I shot some at EI 1600 and some at HI - 1 (supposed to be twice as
sensitive as 1600. I don't know why Nikon just doesn't say 3200).

But it does feel nice to take a little M back into my hands to kick around
with. SLR:s are big.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] PAW 12 dlridings (first test with D100))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW 12 dlridings (first test with D100))