Subject: Re: [Leica] Why you shouldn't buy a Canon printer
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:39:44 -0800

At 06:57 PM 3/19/2003 -0800, Martin Howard wrote:
>So... if you imagine that you will ever need to talk to technical support
>personnel when buying an inkjet printer, I would recommend that you take
>into consideration that those at Canon -- at least their "Mac expert" --
>is about as helpful as a parachute in a diving bell.

Well Martin, let me tell you the other side of a story and may be you will
understand why I much prefer civilized discussions on a mailing list.You
see, I and my wife own our small business with one other employee. I write
the code. I do tech support, I do sales, I wash the toilet. You get the ideas.

There is this non-customer who has been pestering me all week, and I kept
telling him he is trying to do things that are not meant to be for our
products. We write and sell compilers which are pretty esoteric, but
imagine someone keeps telling a Scotch manufacturer that their Scotch
doesn't taste like some brand of Whiskey! (duh...) He even wrote in our
product support mailing list, to which I replied:
***
Roland, this must be the thousandth times I email you :-)
We don't have __asm__. That's GCCAVR syntax. Stop using it. Just get it out
of your mind. Doesn't exist.

We have _asm or asm() for inline asm, and .s file for pure asm code. All
are DOCUMENTED in the Help file.

Please, read it. Please.... I beg you, please!!!
***

Then a light bulb finally get turned on in his head, and he wrote:
****
I'm terribly sorry for pestering you for the past few
days, after reading the previous email, I checked and
found out that the compiler I'm supposed to use is not
imagecraft and that explains for the whole lot of
errors and the trouble created for both you and me.
****

ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kill me now, all so that we may sell him a lousy $200 compiler....

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>