Subject: [Leica] NOW SCOTCH! ;-) NOW XTOL! :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:09:49 -0800

John Collier asked:

> And lo what beauty from the XTOL arises?
>
> Welcome back Ted!<<<<

Hi John,
Well with 200 rolls of Tri-x 400 rated at 800 from our past two week
assignment, souped in XTOL 1:1 at 75. degrees for 8 minutes with agitation
the first 30 seconds and each 30 seconds until the completed time, things
are looking very good. It's 100 done and 100 to go by Friday evening and
over!

Nothing like using 3 M7's for consistency of exposure, frame after frame,
roll after roll! Of course this doesn't mean every roll is filled with
beautiful mind blowing images, it just means the exposures are as equal as
they possibly can be. Now editing will take place next week, then the
printing of 11X14 work prints and hopefully all will be completed from
Montreal, Victoria, Vancouver, Phoenix, New York and Boston.

And after 16 years of M6's on all kinds of assignments around the world, the
M7, without a doubt is the answer to my dreams of shooting quickly on fast
moving subjects in all kinds of varying light and locations without moments
of manual adjustments of shutter speed and aperture.

I realize there are people out there with wet knickers twitch of challenge
about what I've said, however I don't give a flying hoop what they say
because I'm using these cameras daily under working conditions and I don't
give a damn what they say! Mine is experience every day and not twinking a
frame or two a week! ;-)

I just re-subscribed, so having seen some of the same old blather I thought
I might as well come on with the fists up and ready to do battle. :-)

However, you also know I'm really a pussy cat and a lover, not a word
fighter....that is unless some one comes on with a bunch of stupid crap that
has nothing to do with the realities of using Leica's over a 50 year period
with real time experience as a working photographer. ;-)

So there you go eh? ;-) Happy faces all over the place! :-)  :-) :-) :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] NOW SCOTCH! ;-) NOW XTOL! :-))