Subject: [Leica] Funny (odd) R4S Metering
From: BenMarks@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:59:05 -0500

My R4s (s/n 1641324) has just started exhibiting the following odd behaviour:  After recently using the exposure compensation switch, the +/- arrow in the viewfinder always lights alongside the light which indicates the metering mode. Also in  automatic mode the light meter sometimes fails to register that there is enough light for an exposure (despite what my brain tells me must be the case).  A recent test roll on manual mode (checked with a handheld light meter) reveals accurate shutter speeds.  Incidentally a change of batteries did not help in any noticeable way.

Any ideas/diagnoses?  Is this the infamous R4 whacky electronics problem (I had thought that I had dodged that one . . .)?  If so, suggestions?  Off to DAG for an overhaul? All advice appreciated.